This soup is easy to make and tastes fantabulous. It's great for chilly weather in Florida or across the most northern states. Full of fiber and nutrients, it also follows the Mediterranean Diet. Eat all you want. Super delish!
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 pound hot or sweet Italian sausage, depending on what you like, cut into bite sized pieces
1 whole onion, chopped
1-2 carrots, depending on size, chopped
1-2 stalks celery, depending on size, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped or use 1 teaspoon of already chopped garlic in jar
½ pound kale, stems removed and chopped or 5 oz organic spinach
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1-28 ounce can or 2 cans 15 oz cannellini beans
1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
1 bay leaf
¼ teaspoon pepper
Salt, to taste
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese or grated goat cheese
1. In a large Dutch oven or thick bottomed soup pot, cook sausage in ¼ cup olive oil on medium heat until browned on all sides.
2. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Continue to sauté for another 3 minutes.
3. Add kale. Sauté until kale or spinach begins to wilt.
4. Add chicken or veggie broth, beans, rosemary and bay leaf.
5. Bring to a boil, then bring to a simmer, cover and cook on a low simmer for 20 minutes.
Servings : 4-6
Ready in : 40 Minutes
Recipe Type : Gluten Free, Weight Loss